you are adorable
*hugs* thank you bb! it is the result of a backfired attempt at being imperious and scary.
This is my favorite thing that has ever happened.
songs about your girlfriend by los campesinos!
ugh this is such a sexy song with so many good lines, but my fave is “i kissed her every inch, my god the girl looked like she’d burned.”
[EDIT] Fixed the sword a bit and changed it to be warmer. Please reblog again for the non-crappy version!
The Lannisters! God, this took forever. Designing the graphics on the bottom were a nightmare. Seems like I’ve shot myself in the foot by making this a thing. OH WELL.
Semi-personal interpretation… I couldn’t NOT put a little of Peter Dinklage in there.
Another one to go along with dear old Ned and House Stark. Also Jon Snow and Dany.
These are amazing *__*. Look at those expressions and colours and hair!<3
okay here’s why i can generalize bronies:
- they stole a children’s show
- a bunch of GROWN MEN stole from LITTLE GIRLS
- this show is meant for little girls. I repeat. IT IS INTENDED FOR THE VIEWING AUDIENCE OF YOUNG GIRLS.
- that being said, it’s not bad if a little boy wants to watch the show, but there’s like 29309202 shows marketed towards little boys SO
- they stole a children’s show that teaches important life lessons to young girls about how being called “girly” isn’t a bad thing and anything inherently feminine or associated with being a woman isn’t bad.
- and THEN they fucking made the show about THEM.
- they complain when merchandise meant FOR THE AUDIENCE THE SHOW WAS CREATED FOR doesn’t suit them or “talks down” to them.
- it’s a fucking coloring book for a five year old girl you fucking moron - it’s supposed to help kids develop learning habits
- they took a show meant for little girls and turned it into their sexual fantasies about purple and pink colored horses
- they complain when they’re not fucking acknowledged
- they claim that THEY are the reason for the show
- bronies are a bunch of MEN jacking off to horses
- so excuse fucking me if i generalize you
- because it’s not the minority doing this - it’s ALL of them
- you’re allowed to enjoy anything you want, but when you completely take over and STEAL SOMETHING MEANT FOR CHILDREN then i have a fucking problem with you. if you don’t do that then this post isn’t about you.
- call yourself something else then, because the name “”“brony”“” is always going to be tainted and it just reeks of sexism and misogyny
Two weeks ago a man in France was arrested for raping his daughter. She’d gone to her school counselor and then the police, but they needed “hard evidence.” So, she videotaped her next assault. Her father was eventually arrested. His attorney explained, “There was a period when he was unemployed and in the middle of a divorce. He insists that these acts did not stretch back further than three or four months. His daughter says longer. But everyone should be very careful in what they say.” Because, really, even despite her seeking help, her testimony, her bravery in setting up a webcam to film her father raping her, you really can’t believe what the girl says, can you?
Everyone “knows” this. Even children.
Three years ago, in fly-on-the-wall fashion of parent drivers everywhere, I listened while a 14-year-old girl in the back seat of my car described how angry she was that her parents had stopped allowing her to walk home alone just because a girl in her neighborhood “claimed she was raped.” When I asked her if there was any reason to think the girl’s story was not true, she said, “Girls lie about rape all the time.”
She didn’t know the person, she just assumed she was lying.
No one says, “You can’t trust women,” but distrust them we do. College students surveyed revealed that they think up to 50% of their female peers lie when they accuse someone of rape, despite wide-scale evidence and multi-country studies that show the incident of false rape reports to be in the 2%-8% range, pretty much the same as false claims for other crimes. As late as 2003, people jokingly (wink, wink) referred to Philadelphia’s sex crimes unit as “the lying bitch unit.” If an 11-year-old girl told an adult that her father took out a Craigslist ad to find someone to beat and rape her while he watched, as recently actually occurred, what do you think the response would be? Would she need to provide a videotape after the fact?
It goes way beyond sexual assault as well. That’s just the most likely and obvious demonstration of “women are born to lie” myths. Women’s credibility is questioned in the workplace, in courts, by law enforcement, indoctors’ offices, and in our political system. People don’t trust women to be bosses, or pilots, or employees. Pakistan’s controversial Hudood Ordinance still requires a female rape victim to procure four male witnesses to her rape or risk prosecution for adultery. In August, a survey of managers in the United States revealed that they overwhelmingly distrust women who request flextime. It’s notable, of course, that women are trusted to be mothers—the largest pool of undervalued, unpaid, economically crucial labor.
Pop culture and art are just the cherry on the top of the icing on a huge cake. The United States is among the most religious of all countries in the industrialized world. So, while some people wring their hands over hip hop, I’m more worried about how men like Rick Santorum and Ken Cuccinelli explain to their daughters why they can’t be priests. I know that there is hip hop that exceeds the bounds of taste and is sodden with misogyny. But, people seem to think that those manifestations of hatred are outside of the mainstream when, in reality, it’s just more of the same set to great beats. Hip hop has nothing on religious misogyny and its political expression.
An entire political party’s “social policy” agenda is being pursued under a rubric that insists women need “permission slips” and “waiting periods.” The recent shutdown? Conservatives holding the country hostage because they want to add anti-abortion “conscience clause” language to legislation. Whose consciences are we talking about? All the morally incompetent and untrustworthy men who need abortions?
It’s no exaggeration to say that distrust of women is the driving force of the “social issues” agenda of the Republican Party. From food stamps and “legitimate rape,” to violence against women and immigration policy. “We need to target the mother. Call it sexist, but that’s the way nature made it,” explained the man who penned Arizona’s immigration law. “Men don’t drop anchor babies, illegal alien mothers do.” I could do this ad infinitum.
Pretty sure I’m in love with Soraya Chemaly after reading everything she’s written
“I’m more worried about how men like Rick Santorum and Ken Cuccinelli explain to their daughters why they can’t be priests.”
The most hilarious thing? Most religions’ explanations for why women can’t be priests is that women are just inherently more responsible and just don’t “need” the priesthood to guide them. Our culture has this beyond fucked up dichotomy where women are both supposed to be poised and responsible (even for being sexual assaulted) while simultaneously creating laws to restrict their every move. It’s insanity and women just can’t win here.
^^ALL OF THIS.